Normandy, France

Le Manoir du Catel - Écretteville-The-Baons

Built between 1267 and 1270 by Richard Treigots, Tenth Abbot of Fecamp, on land donated around the first millennium of the Duke of Normandy to the powerful Norman Abbey, the Manor of Catel is now one of the most finest examples of medieval architecture and the last Norman manor of the thirteenth century preserved in the heart of its environment

more »

The Manor at Auffay Oherville

Above the valley Durdent the hamlet of la-Mallet Auffay (not to be confused with the city of Auffay) has a pretty mansion dating from the late fifteenth century.

more »

Manoir de la Cheminee Tournante

Location: Anneville-Ambourville

Private Country house built on the River Seine in the late 17th century for a family of Rouen parliament.

more »

Manoir de Bevilliers

Location: Gonfreville-l Orcher

Private Manor Sénitot, at a place called "Bévilliers", built in 1528 In limestone blocks, stone and red brick, is a fine example of Early Renaissance in the extreme tip of Caux.

more »

Manoir d'ango

A beautiful norman residence in Varengville

Former summer palace of Jehan Ango, shipowner wealthy and philanthropist, the Manoir d' Ango is a unique monument.

more »

Le Manoir du Catel - Écretteville-The-Baons

Built between 1267 and 1270 by Richard Treigots, Tenth Abbot of Fecamp, on land donated around the first millennium of the Duke of Normandy to the powerful Norman Abbey, the Manor of Catel is now one of the most finest examples of medieval architecture and the last Norman manor of the thirteenth century preserved in the heart of its environment

The origin of the Manor of Catel is linked to a friendship unique, that between the Abbot of Fecamp to the King of France

In 1264, by royal charter miraculously come down to us and kept at the Palais Benedictine at Fecamp, St. Louis delegates "to his dear friend Richard" the power of high justice

Historical research in progress and preliminary site lead to assume that the Catel Manor, built in a valley that feeds natural moat, was modified in the second half of the fifteenth century when the country pacified no longer requires such powerful defenses.

Originally, the imposing fortress built on a quadrangular remarkable was flanked by four towers of which only the tower remains today South West saved. Fully enrolled in 1944 at the historical monument, the Manor of Catel contains one of the finest collections of graffiti in Normandy.

The identity of the Manor of Catel unfolds around three dimensions: the monks, feudal and rural.

Decided by Richard Treigots whose name remains attached to the renewal of the Abbey of Fecamp, the construction of the Manor of Catel is borrowed spirituality. Exceptionally balanced for the time, the building is oriented, such as churches East and West.

Its fortified gate which remains one of the finest examples of defense architecture of Normandy recalls the majesty of some churches and strikes by its purity.

Le Manoir du Catel is now one of the oldest manor houses in Normandy.

His appearance that blends power and authority throughout the centuries even if the disappearance of three of the four towers, drawbridge and moat profoundly altered its original appearance.

It remains an extraordinary witness manor whose role was also to demonstrate the temporal and spiritual power of his sponsor.

The valley that serves as the setting of the Manor Catel and has preserved almost intact its closed farm recalls its harmonious mix of hedges and hedges ordered wild meadows and cultivated fields in 1551, the Abbey of Fecamp decided give in rent the manor Catel to make the most of the important agricultural property belonging to it. This family of farmers, buyers of the Manor of Catel, when selling goods under the national revolution, was kept at this place that agricultural until the late twentieth century.

Visitors: every day from July 7 to August 15 from 10 am to 13 H and 14 H to 17 H.

Price: 5 € / Concessions (+ 10 years, students and unemployed): 3 €.

Visits for groups by appointment throughout the year: 4 €

Tel: 06.10.21.33.14 / 06.14.85.02.02

www.manoirducatel.com

The Manor at Auffay Oherville

5 mins from chateau

Above the valley Durdent the hamlet of la-Mallet Auffay (not to be confused with the city of Auffay) has a pretty mansion dating from the late fifteenth century.

Installation of a mound eleventh and twelfth centuries was there as evidenced by a mound. These are likely to Houdetot John (died 1492) and son William (d. after 1524) who built the present manor house that belonged to their families until the seventeenth century.

North, construction has the appearance of a fortress with two cylindrical towers that surround a polygonal stair turret, battlements of the floor, gunboats at the base of the towers, and moats. It is supplemented by a turret to the southwest. Transformations in the sixteenth provides a look at Renaissance mansion. Occurs most by observing the openings of the facade, south side. The appearance cauchois turns with the equipment for brick, blond and black flint, sandstone, arranged in a checkerboard or broken sticks, offering particularly original polychrome decoration and design. Inside, the coffered ceiling of the vestibule (1553) is attributed to Jean Goujon.

By 1900, the architect Emile Rouen Janet began work on the southern facade. In 1992, further restoration work has been performed.

The loft adjoining the mansion includes putlogs 1470. It houses the "Museum of lofts Cauchois.

The mansion was used for the filming of some of the new television adaptations of Maupassant.

The manor: MH registration by order of February 2, 1932

The dove, the castle mound and ditch MH registration by order of September 6, 1996

Private Residence –

Visits during the summer during Heritage Days.
open from Sunday to Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Free up to 12 years. Adults: 4 €.

76560 Oherville

Tel: 02 35 96 69 69

Manoir de la Cheminee Tournante

Location: Anneville-Ambourville

Private Country house built on the River Seine in the late 17th century for a family of Rouen parliament.

The house consists of a central gallery in the Italian, fully open, eyebrows punctuated by flat pilasters and oculi, surmounted by a pediment emblazoned and covered with a gambrel and is flanked to the north and south two flags, one-story square and covered with high roofs, extended by two lower wings built subsequently.

Visits: Sometimes

Manoir de Bevilliers

Location: Gonfreville-l Orcher

Private Manor Sénitot, at a place called "Bévilliers", built in 1528 In limestone blocks, stone and red brick, is a fine example of Early Renaissance in the extreme tip of Caux.

This was the stronghold of Tristan Brachon, Esquire, from 1596 to 1630 and a high place Protestant denominations at the end of XVIecentury. It is a place ranked Historical Monument in 1924.

Open all days except Sunday.

It is currently an antique shop.

Manoir d'ango - a beautifu norman residence in Varengville

30 Minutes from the Chateau.

Former summer palace of Jehan Ango, shipowner wealthy and philanthropist, the Manoir d' Ango is a unique monument.

With its outstanding architecture Italian Renaissance , his loft , which is considered the finest in France , its location, its park ...

Le Manoir d' Ango was one of the first monuments historical monument in 1862. It is one hundred monuments reproduced in the park "France Miniature " ( Yvelines ).

Located in the heart of the Pays de Caux , home of Maupassant and many artists (George Braque , André Breton ... ), the Manoir d' Ango enchant lovers of old stones.